The Graduate Student Symposium (GSS) 2019 invites graduate students who are working, visiting, or volunteering at ISI to submit their ongoing or recently published work in any of these broad areas:
- Intelligent Systems
- Computational Systems
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Electronics
- Health Informatics
Submissions can be either a paper or poster. Students from outside of ISI (USC CS-EE departments) can submit posters to the symposiums.
We strongly encourage paper submissions (especially those describing unpublished work or future directions). Submitting a paper is the best way to get feedback from your colleagues through the peer review process. Additionally, paper submissions are eligible for the best paper prize!
Paper submissions must satisfy the following requirements:
- Up to 5 pages including references format
- Submitted paper PDFs must NOT include the authors' identifying information.
- Submissions describe a recently submitted work, a recently published work, or a work in progress.
- We recommend using SIGS style or Tighter Alternate style. For details on the ACM style. For details on the ACM style, see ACM SIG Proceedings Templates.
Poster submissions must satisfy the following requirements:
- Submitted as a single-page PDF.
Paper submissions will be reviewed by a team consisting of both students and staff/faculty. Poster submissions must be submitted by the deadline but will not be reviewed. At least one of the authors of an accepted paper is required to attend the conference and present the work. Prizes will be awarded for the best paper, best talk, and best poster.
|Deadline for camera-ready poster/presentation||Sunday||March 24, 2019 (11:59pm)|
|Symposium||Tuesday||March 26, 2019|